Friday, August 21, 2009

And I'm off!

So the adventure has begun! I feel like this moment would never happen. My fantasy of going to London study abroad pretty much started when I learned that a city like London existed.  The culture, the history, the location (hello Europe!), the accent!!!!!! all made me fall, if it is possible, in love with a city! It was just so convenient that BYU had a study abroad program to London.  I first had to get into BYU, did that. Then I had to apply, did that the first day I could.  Then I had to go to an interview with 2 professors, done. And then I got accepted! I have been waiting since November, when I filled out my application, to be sitting right here where I am right now... on a hard stone floor in the middle of the terminal at the phoenix sky harbor airport because my flight is delayed two hours HA!  Right about now I'm thinking I should have doubled checked the departure time before I left mi casa but all is well because I'm going to Europe! Oh yeah baby!  So in about 8 hours I will be in Toronto, Canada and then I'm headed on to Frankfurt to visit my neighbor and bestest buddy Lizzie Jensen and her family who just moved there!  Then next sunday I'm off to London!  My mom, sister, sister-in-law, and niece are headed there too,  but "lucky me" gets to fly by myself because it was significantly cheaper! But you know what it doesn't bother me too much because it is kind of an adventure for me... plus I will be sleeping most of the flight since I only slept 3 hours last night (last minute packing). The program I am doing is through BYU and they actually have a town house in London right by Hyde Park where our classrooms are, where our professors live, and where me and 4 other girls will be living until December 10th.  It will be interesting to see how I feel all by my lonesome in a foreign country.  I seriously have not been anywhere for even two weeks without seeing some member of my immediate or extended family!  So so long to American soil for a while! I am beyond excited for this opportunity and I feel so blessed for even getting in let alone for my mom and dad for letting me come! Wish me luck! Cherrio!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you already woman!! have so much fun and be safe! Skype me!
    Loves,
    Em

    ReplyDelete